Nine Lamps ... One Light

Spiritual Enlightenment: Proclaiming the Oneness of Humanity and Presenting the Blueprint for the Establishment of Peace on Earth ... One Heart at a Time.

Get Notified of New Posts. Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, January 01, 2007

How to attain the utmost joy in the New Year!

Well the Gregorian New Year is finally upon us.


Here is what my good book turned to the first thing when I awakened this morning. This passage is something I pray I will remember every day this year:



"Obligatory prayer and supplications are the very water of life. They are the cause of existence, of the refinement of souls, and of their attainment to the utmost joy. Exercise the greatest care in this regard, and encourage others to recite the obligatory prayers and supplications."


‘Abdu’l-Bahá


Wow. Could this simple act of performing your daily obligatory prayer lead to the refinement of your soul, the attainment of the utmost joy? If you are planning to make a new start this year, why not try daily prayer and see where you are by 1 January 2008.


Here’s a site I put together on obligatory prayer sometime last year:


http://obligatory-prayers.juslo.com/


On a purely personal note, losing weight this year is one of my goals/resolutions, and the small passage above uses some words – albeit in a different context -- that speak to several of the necessary things I know I need to implement in order to reach that goal.



  1. It mentions water. I need to drink an ounce for each pound of my body weight every day.

  2. It mentions exercise. I need to make it a daily habit to walk more.

  3. It mentions encouragement. I need to give more to others if I am to receive it.

  4. It mentions joy. Hallelujah! For joy gives us wings to do all things through obedience to His command.

If all goes well and I manage to drop at least a pound every week, then by the Bahá'í New Year (which takes place on 21 March), I will be 11 or 12 pounds lighter.


Ok…gotta go out and find me some black eyed peas and collard greens to bring in this New Year right. Oh, you probably don’t believe in that old legend that insists you gotta eat these two foods on New Year’s Day if you want to have a financially prosperous year. No, I do not really believe it either, but…I ain’t taking no chances this year. Last year was a wipe out…


Be at peace


Be unified


Be loving


Be happy.


Well, this is Lo and I gotta go ‘cause I’m runnin’ for my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home