Nine Lamps ... One Light

Spiritual Enlightenment: Proclaiming the Oneness of Humanity and Presenting the Blueprint for the Establishment of Peace on Earth ... One Heart at a Time.

Get Notified of New Posts. Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Knowing the Joy of Full Surrender...

Here is a passage I have been blessed by in the last few days. It's written by Marianne Williamson, one of my all time favorite self-help, spiritual enlightenment authors. If you ever have a chance to read something she has written or spoken, do not pass it up.

I'm offering this "prayer" to my good friend Deb, who recently celebrated a birthday. Hope you enjoy its wisdom.

Dear God,


Please make me a force for Good.
Remove from my awareness all thoughts that keep me bound here.
Every goal I surrender to You.
All agendas I surrender to You.
All I have and all I am I give to You.
I ask only to be carried in Your arms that I might know the joy of full surrender.
May I not be tempted to think about meaningless things and give them weight and suffer thereby.
Please send Your spirit to lift me up, above the pain and turmoil of this world.
Please give me new youth, and a free and joyful spirit.
Show me the happiness of full forgiveness.
Whomever I do not forgive, dear Lord, please show me how, for I wish to be free of the guilt of this world.


Dear God,
Please make me happy.
I am ready to outgrow my childish pain.

Amen.


- from Marianne Williamson’s Illuminata: Thoughts, Prayers, Rites of Passage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home